Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Reaching my threshold and staring at the truth till I'm blind


Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, what do I say about this movie?  Well let me first start off by saying I thoroughly enjoy this movie.  I am in lesbians with this movie!  Well to be fair I am a fan of the overall series in general.  For those of you who don’t know, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is the title of one of the eight graphic novels.  The series is about Scott Pilgrim, a twenty two year old bassist for a band called Sex Bob-Omb .  His life is turned upside down when he meets the lovely and mysterious Romona Flowers.  He is unwittingly pitted against Romona’s evil ex’s in a battle to control Romona’s love life.  The movie in my honest opinion did a really good job of catching the stereotypes which are portrayed in the graphic novels about anime.  The casting was spot on and the acting was amazing and it makes you become invested in the characters on the screen.  The direction of both cinematography and special effects were great and even though some of the scenes were a tad over the top, this movie is meant to be over the top.  The music is awesome and the band Sex Bob-Omb is an actual band not just a fictional band and their music is crazy which suits the story perfectly.   If you are looking for good mindless fun, then you should go out and buy or rent this movie.  If you have it, get it on Blu-Ray.  My Rating is 10 out of 10 1-Ups  :-P( Videogame pun ftw!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment