Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Wish I Was 17 Again

Seventeen again is a movie I should I hate on principal, but I can not bring myself to hate this movie. Why because it made me laugh. "If you can make the police laugh you have a chance." Gabriel Iglesias. It is a movie done in the style of "It's A Wonderful Life." Where the main character sees his guardian angel jump off a bridge, main character falls off the bridge and is put into a situation where something has changed. In this case the thing that has changed is the main character's age going from mid thirty something to seventeen. But not being placed into the time when he was seventeen, but being seventeen in the current time line. So Mathew Perry's character turns into Zack Effron and goes to school with his two kids.

By not being directly pulled out of the time line, he has to manage a pending divorce to the woman he still loves and has to deal with helping his kids who he isn't close too. This movie is surprisingly good, the concept while cliche fits in with the story and the characters. It does have problems with some of the dialog being a bit unbelievable, and some of the casting could have been better. Other then that I give this movie an eight out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment