Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Impressions Last Forever....or was it Diamonds


Disgaea Hour of Darkness, was remade from it's original platform to the DS. That is the game I am currently playing. At first glance of this Strategy J-RPG you don't really think much of it. It seems odd that you are playing these anime style characters and the story at first seems out place. But as you go a long and you get to work with the main characters you begin to feel more connected to them.


Your main characters are Laharl, Etna and Flonne. They are easily the most likable characters in the game. As I played this game, the story and character development especially between Laharl and Flonne. I found myself smiling as I read the dialog between them and it is rare that a game can do that (at least for me). Etna and Flonne have become my favorite characters in the game so far. Their polar opposite personalities have the potential to make them great friends.

For my first impression of the game, I am really really enjoying it. I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since Final Fantasy IX. If you can find a copy go out and buy this game it is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment