Monday, January 31, 2011

Will you be Taken for a ride by Takers

When I see Hayden Christensen in a top billing for a movie I get rather scared, because he has a tendency to fuck a movie up. Jon Lovittz may be movie cancer, but Hayden Christensen is movie AIDS. So naturally my first instinct was to throw up the avoid this movie at all costs flag. But he was highly out shined and blended with other actors of higher caliber to vaccinate his suckiness. This movie has a cornucopia of rappers and action stars and oh Matt Damon makes an appearance.

This movie is dark not in the sense that it is depressing and a bloodbath. But in the sense that the lighting is off in places and hard to see what is going on in other places. The dialog itself is good, the acting for a bunch of rappers is really well done especially in the scenes where they are talking business. Paul Walker I think has fallen into a cast type of playing criminals but he seems to fit well in the cast. Matt Damon I didn't expect much out of, but he played the detective role he was given really well.

I give this movie a 7 out of 10 lightning is an issue in some areas and some of the scenes seemed forced and jumpy. I would say rent this movie if you are looking for a movie to pass some time. I did like it, I just don't give it high praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment